|Tooltip||Enables solid blocks to be toggled on and off|
The Actuator is a device that allows any solid block to be toggled on and off much like Active Stone Blocks. Actuators are placed much like wire; they can be placed over blocks or in empty space with or without walls. Once placed, they act like wire in that they disappear when not holding a wire item and can only be broken with a wire cutter (breaking the block they are on will not remove the actuator).
Actuators can be used for the easy collection of (Glowing) Mushroom farms by placing them on every block where a mushroom grows. This principle can likely be applied to other items that grow on certain blocks such as crystal shards and fireblossoms. They can also be used to hide secret bases, as well as various other uses.
Actuators can be used to replicate an effect of doors; much like when doors are opened, when blocks become inactive, players grappled to the block fly forward at high speeds. This can be used to reach maximum speeds nearly instantly. When combined with pressure plates, this effect can be triggered automatically.
- When placed on a Dirt Block and turned inactive, the block is turned into a Clay Block until the player reactivates it.
- Inactive blocks created by actuators in the walls of NPC houses will cause the housing to become unsuitable. While the NPC will remain, if a world is closed while the housing is unsuitable, they will move to any available other house.
- Placing an actuator on active wire will not activate the actuator, it will reverse the actuator's mechanics: that is, when the wire is off, the block will be inactive when it would normally be active. This makes it possible to use one trigger to change one block to a solid state and another to a non solid state. This can be used for example to make a drawbridge of sorts, one set of blocks covers a lava trap and another section blocks access to your base (see pictures below).
- Deactivated blocks do not show up on the minimap.
- If a block is deactivated and mined, any block placed there will remain deactivated until its state is changed once again with an actuator.
- Added to the game.