|This enemy is found only in the console version(s) of Terraria.|
|Spawn Time|| (Hard Mode)|
|Immune To|| Cursed Inferno|
|Arch Wyvern Banner|
|5-20 Souls of Flight||100%|
The Arch Wyvern is a type of Wyvern found in the console and mobile versions Hardmode. With double the health of a normal Wyvern and a damage output of 70-90 damage, the Arch Wyvern is a fearsome foe. It can go through blocks, but if you walk too far away from it, the Arch Wyvern will despawn. The Arch Wyvern can be located all through the map after reaching a certain height in the sky.
- Rocket Boots or Spectre Boots paired with wings are useful against an Arch Wyvern since you can have sustain flight to better evade the Arch Wyvern's charges.
- A skybridge is useful for finding and fighting Arch Wyverns.
- It is advised not to fight this mini-boss near your home, as the Arch Wyvern might follow you back to your spawnpoint and kill you when you spawn. It is even more of a bad idea to fight it near your home if you have any NPC(s) hanging around there, because there is a likely chance that they'll die also.
- The Arch Wyvern can spawn at any time, day or night. Usually there is a 80% more chance he will spawn at night, or at the break of evening.
- It spawns most commonly at altitudes above 80 meters in small worlds.
- Blood Moons increase the Arch Wyvern spawn rate and cause them to spawn at lower altitudes.
- Arch Wyverns are harder than Wyverns, but it will drop more Souls of Flight.
- In multiplayer games, the Arch Wyvern will sometimes fail to despawn even when all players move far away from it. In these situations, the only way to get rid of it is to kill it.
- A Wyvern of any type may appear only as a head.
- New sprite.
- Added to the game.