Blue Jellyfish are the weakest variety of Jellyfish, and likely the first water monster a new player will encounter. They are usually encountered in pools scattered throughout the world, below surface level.
- The Blue Jellyfish DO NOT spawn by themselves in Hard Mode but you can use a Jellyfish Statue to spawn them in manually.
- The light given off by the Blue Jellyfish is comparable to that of a Sticky Glowstick.
- The Blue Jellyfish remains non hostile until the player enters water, at which point it will become hostile.
- When the Blue Jellyfish is removed from water, it becomes immobile and flops around. However, it will not die.
- It is one of the 3 jellyfish.
- in Expert Mode, all jellyfish gain an "electric shock" attack during which they can only travel in one direction, but are immune to attack and deal increased damage to the player.
- Fixed expert mode jellyfish counter hitting you when you can't hit the jellyfish.
- Shock attack introduced in Expert Mode, stats buffed.
- Now drops the Jellyfish Banner.
- Now drops the Jellyfish Necklace.
- Added to the game.