The Blue Slime is a slime variant, and the second weakest Slime in the game, being slightly stronger than the Green Slime.
- The Blue Slime remains passive until attacked. At night, however, this slime becomes hostile.
- Slimes may glitch in narrow areas. Not of real consequence to the player.
- Blue Slimes can be spawned by using a Slime Statue.
- This slime can drop the Slime Staff.
- Sometimes Slimes will only become hostile if they attack the player first, and the player will be able to attack the Slime without provoking it.
- Blue Slimes could be spawned by hitting the King Slime.
- A pet Blue Slime can be summoned in the console version of Terraria via the Petri Dish.
- As 1.2, some Zombies will have a slime on their head, with it visible through the body of the slime. These Zombies will drop Gel when killed.
- Every 50th kill of the blue slime it will drop Slime Banner.
- Slime Banner now drops every 50th kill.
- Now properly floats on water. Doesn't make a splash sound.
- Added to the game.