Bone Serpent - Not full size
|Attack|| Head - 40|
Body - 30
Tail - 20
|Defense|| Head - 5|
Body - 6
Tail - 9
Eater of Worlds
|Spawn Area||The Underworld|
The Bone Serpent is, like all burrowing enemies, immune to lava. Each section of a Bone Serpent will drop loot, but as they are usually defeated by destroying one segment of their bodies they seem to drop only one item. Applying large damage to multiple body sections at once with Dynamite will result in loot from every body section. This can drastically increase the loot gained from Bone Serpents.
- When digging to the bottom of a map in the Underworld, there is a chance that, while standing near the bottom, the Bone Serpent will tunnel off the map and disappear.
- The Bone Serpent is visible when inside pitch-black areas, as if it is a cave or an unlit area.
- If you're having trouble surviving a fight with a Bone Serpent, you can use a Grappling Hook on a high ceiling and it will not be able to reach you, where you can leisurely shoot at it with ranged weapons.
- Bone Serpents CAN spawn if you are not directly in the Underworld, but very close to it.
- Bone Serpents CAN dig straight up through a Hellevator, if they so wish to do so, and invade your house.
- It is possible to lure a Bone Serpent out of the Underworld and all the way to the Surface.
- A quick and easy method of dispatching a Bone Serpent is using the Demon Scythe spell. Simply wait for it to attack, dodge and quickly deploy multiple spells. It should deal a large amount of damage and even kill it.
- Bone Serpents no longer drop the Sunfury weapon, which are now found inside the (locked) Shadow Chests.
- One good way to attack the Bone Serpents is to use a Spear weapon such as the Dark Lance which has a long reach. Two stabs from a Dark Lance is enough if used correctly.
- A useful weapon against the bone serpent is the Vilethorn (or any piercing Weapon, for example, flails or spears). The vilethorn can deal significant damage even when it is below you. Another way is to use the vilethorn with a Hunter Potion so you can see it at all times. You could also wait for him to (re)appear and throw a flail right through him, which also inflicts massive damage
- Bone serpents only drop coins.
- Bone serpents do not drop bones.
- It has been found that instead of disappearing, the Bone Serpent will frequently die off-screen without any player interference.
- Bone Serpents spawn curled up in a ball.
- It is possible for the Bone Serpent to stay alive with only it's head left, this is also common for other Burrowing Mosters. (Mostly in Multiplayer)
- It is possible for the Bone Serpent to use another monster head. (Mostly in Multiplayer)
- It's possible for a Bone Serpent to spawn in mid-air while on-screen. (Mostly in Multiplayer)
- Now has a new death sound, and its hit-box has been fixed.