|Use Time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Sell Value||No Value|
|Crafted With||6 Stone Blocks|
|Crafted At||Tinkerer's Workshop|
The boulder can be found as a trap in any world created after the 1.1 update. They spawn on top of six Active Stone Blocks which disappear when the player or any NPC steps on a connected Pressure Plate. The boulder will then fall and roll until it hits an obstruction. If anything is between where the boulder starts falling and the ground, the boulder will be destroyed.
Caution should be taken when dealing with a boulder trap. Falling boulders deal up to around 150 damage and are not affected by armor. A falling boulder can deal massive amounts of damage that can critically injure if not kill players with low health.
- The boulder will always roll in a random direction when triggered. It can be directed in the desired direction by putting a wall behind it.
- Boulders can be stacked (although this causes a minor graphical glitch) and activated all at once by triggering the bottom one, making them an extremely powerful defense against ground-based monsters.
- If placed on a Wood Platform, the boulder will immediately fall and begin rolling.
- Hitting a boulder with a pickaxe or drill will cause it to roll.
- Max stack increased from 250 to 999.
- Added to the game.
|Items Requiring Stone|
|Bricks||Gray Brick · Copper Brick · Silver Brick · Gold Brick · Hellstone Brick · Iridescent Brick · Mudstone Block · Cobalt Brick · Mythril Brick|
|Background||Stone Wall · Planked Wall|
|Furniture||Armor Statue · Active Stone Block · Boulder|
|Other||Wooden Arrow · Furnace|