This item can be very useful around the beginning of the game as a way of conserving health potions. The Campfire is also used to create Cooked Marshmallow.
These variants of the campfire behave the exact same as the regular campfire but with different lighted effects, with the exception of the cursed and ichor variants staying lit in water. Currently there are 7 variants of the original campfire.
- Bone Campfire
- Cursed Campfire
- Demon Campfire
- Frozen Campfire
- Ichor Campfire
- Rainbow Campfire
- Ultra Bright Campfire
- Before 1.2.1, when placing a Campfire on a thin strip of water that went up to the player's ankles, it was possible to duplicate the Campfire. When placing the Campfire, it remained in the water while another Campfire dropped.
- On console, Campfires were added before the 1.2 update itself. Due to a decompression bug, having a pre-1.2 campfire on an updated console world will either cause the world to be unloadable (load failure), or cause the world to look almost like a corrupted save.
- Bone Campfire and Ultra Bright Campfire added.
- It now takes 10 Wood (previously 20) to craft.
- Buff icon added.
- Can no longer be placed underwater.
- Added to the game.