|Found In||All Biomes|
But be careful! If you are in Hard Mode, chests aren't always what you think they are. You might find a chest that is trying to kill you! (See Mimic)
- Blocks beneath a chest cannot be mined; thus, the player also cannot collect chests by mining the blocks under them.
- If placed on top of actuator blocks, and the blocks are turned off afterwards, they will not disappear as expected.
- Chests can be seen when using a Spelunker Potion, making finding chests in caves very easy.
- There are only three places Chests cannot spawn, in Lava, in mid-air and inside blocks.
- Since characters keep their inventory through worlds, chests can be used to give new characters high level weapons or other objects.
- Empty or not, a chest that is placed on sand or silt will prevent those blocks from falling until it is removed.
- As of 1.0.1, The Barrel only takes 1 Iron Bar to craft, making it more cost effective to build than a Chest.
- As of 1.2, the Chest requires a pickaxe instead of the previously required hammer. As of 1.2 it is also more profitable than the barrel, since it's double the size.
- As of 1.2.3, you can rename a chest and easily find a specific chest by hover over it.
- In earlier versions, 3 Iron Bars were required for crafting.
- There is a cap of 1000 Chests that can be in a World. This includes Gold and Shadow Chests.
- If you place a chest on Ice spawned by the Ice Rod, place anything in it and leave and reenter the world, you can duplicate any Chest endlessly.
- When swinging a 'Very Slow Speed' Sword like Fiery Greatsword and opening a Chest before the swing ends with autopause on you won't be able to obtain the first item in the Chest.
- Chests with an item in them and the ground under them cannot be destroyed, but if a chest with an item is placed on an Active Stone Block, toggling the blocks will make it rain 3 - 5 chests (version 1.1.2). The chest will remain suspended in midair on an Inactive Stone Block; this is probably the only way to have a chest that you can't stand on. This bug was fixed in 1.2.
- On Mobile, sometimes if armor is moved from a chest directly onto the player, the armor disappears completely. (Android v1.02)
- On mobile, if you place a chest next to a door then open the door the chest will dupilcate into 2.
- Chests can now be renamed.
- Capacity increased from 20 to 40, Ice, Water, Hallowed, Dungeon and Crimson Chest added.
- Added to the game.