The Clothier is an NPC who sells vanity items to the player. One of the things he says when you talk to him is "Thanks again for freeing me from my curse. Felt like something jumped up and bit me." This confirms that he is the Old Man from the dungeon. He will come to town after Skeletron is defeated, and only if there is an empty home. He drops the red hat upon death, and this is the only way to obtain it.Terraria Clothier & His Vanity Items(02:25)
|Item||Sale Price||Special Conditions|
|Plumber's Shirt||25||During Full Moon|
|Plumber's Pants||25||During Full Moon|
|The Doctor's Shirt||20||Morning after Full Moon|
|The Doctor's Pants||20||Morning after Full Moon|
|Mime Mask||2||(Blood Moon)|
|Clown Hat||2||Clown defeated|
|Clown Shirt||1||Clown defeated|
|Clown Pants||1||Clown defeated|
- The section of the quote: "Felt like something jumped up and bit me" is also from Forrest Gump. On a similar note, this may have been how he got cursed, It may have been a corrupted Bunny, or a teaser for a new enemy type.
- If talked to while wearing his Red Hat, he only says "That Red Hat of yours looks familiar..." and occasionally "t'were I were younger, I would ask (Nurse's name) out. I used to be quite the lady killer." During blood moons, he still says "(player name)...we have a problem! It's a blood moon out there!"
- Before the 1.0.5 patch, the Clothier sold the Plumber's Shirt and Plumber's Pants rather than the Familiar Clothes.
- If you look at his face after he dies, you will notice that his eyes turn red.
- As the "Old Man" NPC, he has red eyes, but as the Clothier, he has blue eyes. This is likely a result of him being freed from his curse.
- It is possible to have both your Merchant and Clothier named Alfred, but this is very uncommon.
- If you look closely, The Clothier is the tallest of all NPCs.
- Now gets a random name upon spawning.
- Now sells clown attire or clown clothes after killing a clown during the blood moon.
- Added to the game.
|Nurse||Santa Claus||Wizard||Old Man|