|Spawn Time|| (Hardmode)|
Clown bombs can destroy most blocks, so they are a great threat to Homes and NPCs. Clowns will only throw bombs when the player is nearby. If left unattended, however, they may even completely destroy the player's home!
Damage can be prevented by killing them quickly, before they have the chance to throw too many bombs. Killing a Clown for the first time will make the Clown Clothes, a set of Vanity Items, available for purchase from the Clothier.
- Homes that are built using indestructible materials such as Dungeon Bricks, Cobalt Ore, Mythril Ore or Adamantite Ore are less vulnerable to Clowns.
- Bombs have a blast radius of 3 blocks. A 3-block-thick wall made of an indestructible material listed above is completely impenetrable by Clowns.
- Placing Lava Traps on each side of the player's home can make the home 100% safe from Clowns, if constructed with bomb immune materials (like dungeon bricks, etc.)
- In multiplayer, Clowns don't seem to spawn in The Hallow.
- If you make a home about 20 blocks above the ground the clowns can't get you.
- The bombs Clowns throw can make the scenery un-beautiful. However, Redigit stated he will change this.
- As Clowns prioritize attacking the player over destroying scenery, one can minimize risk to their house by leaving it during Blood Moons.
- Added to the game.