Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article is about the Hardmode set of armor. The set of pre-hardmode armor can be found here.
Top: Male Set
Bottom: Female Set
|Body Slot||Helmet/Shirt/Pants Slots (Full Set)|
|Set Bonus|| Cobalt Hat:|
-14% Mana Usage
+15% Melee speed
20% Chance not to Consume Ammo
|Defense|| 26 with Helmet|
19 with Mask
17 with Hat
|Sell Value|| Total (One Helmet):|
3 , 60
Total (Three Helmets):
6 , 60
Cobalt Armor is an armor set that was reintroduced in update 1.1 after being removed in 1.0.3. It consists of the Cobalt Leggings, Cobalt Breastplate and either the Cobalt Hat, Cobalt Mask or Cobalt Helmet. All are made at an Iron Anvil or Lead Anvil using Cobalt Bars.
The set bonus depends on which head-piece you use. The maximum amount of defense given by the set is 26 with the Cobalt Helmet. Cobalt Armor is a tier above Molten Armor, but a tier below Mythril Armor, making it the weakest Hardmode Armor excluding Pearlwood Armor.
Cobalt Armor (Prior to 1.0.3)
The Cobalt armor was originally what is now known as the Jungle Armor before the 1.0.3 patch. Like the Jungle Armor prior to the 1.0.5 patch, all three pieces were rare drops from Hornets or Man Eaters. It was considered to be an improved version of the Meteor Armor prior to the 1.0.3 patch, giving the same mana regeneration but having a better set bonus with higher defense.
When wearing the complete set, the player emitted particles similar to that of the Shadow Orb and left a motion blur as they moved. They also gained an unlisted attack speed bonus similar to that of the Shadow Armor when wearing the full set.
The 1.0.3 patch removed Cobalt Armor from Terraria and replaced it with Jungle Armor which has identical stats and set bonus, but a different appearance. The reason for its removal was due to not fitting the Underground Jungle theme it was found in.
Cobalt Helmet (Prior to 1.0.3)
Cobalt Breastplate (Prior to 1.0.3)
Cobalt Greaves (Prior to 1.0.3)
Set bonus (Prior to 1.0.3)
When all three pieces of Cobalt Armor are worn at the same time, its set bonuses include:
- Mana costs reduced by 25%
- Unlisted (10%) attack speed bonus
- Graphical aura and motion blur when moving
Parts of the Set
- 8 defense
- 3% increased critical strike chance
- 7 defense
- 10% increased movement speed
- 2 defense
- Increases maximum mana by 40
- 9% increased magical critical strike chance
- Set Bonus: -14% Mana Usage
- 11 defense
- 7% increased movement speed
- 12% increased melee speed
- Set Bonus: 15% increased melee speed
- 4 defense
- 10% increased ranged damage
- 6% increased ranged critical strike chance
- Set Bonus: 20% chance not to consume Ammo
- The Cobalt Shield is not part of the set.
- Keeping in mind that the melee set of this armor gives only 1 more defense than Molten Armor, it may or may not be a good idea to skip this armor. Unless you want to make the console only armor.
- Cobalt Armor is the weakest Hardmode armor made out of ores.
- The coloring and look of the armor (especially with the Cobalt Helmet) appears to be a reference to Mega Man.
- This armor seems to be based off ancient Japan since the Cobalt Sword resembles a katana, Cobalt Naginata is a Japanese weapon, Cobalt Hat is a Japanese hat and the Cobalt Mask resembles a ninja mask.
- No longer an ingredient in Hallowed Armor.
- Reintroduced with a different appearance.
- Replaced with Jungle Armor.
- Added to the game.