|Rarity||Tier 3 (Orange)|
|Material In|| Cobalt Bar|
- Cobalt Ore, together with Mythril Ore and Adamantite Ore, cannot be broken by explosives.
- It is necessary to craft a drill out of it to be able to mine Mythril Ore.
- It is required for you to kill the Wall of Flesh in order to be able to break a Demon Altar.
- Cobalt ore can get affected by lava's light and look like mythril ore.
- Cobalt-based blue pigments have been used since ancient times for jewelry and paints, and to impart a distinctive blue tint to glass, but the color was later thought by alchemists to be due to the known metal bismuth. Miners had long used the name kobold ore (German for goblin ore) for some of the blue-pigment producing minerals; they were named because they were poor in known metals and gave poisonous arsenic-containing fumes upon smelting. In 1735, such ores were found to be reducible to a new metal (the first discovered since ancient times), and this was ultimately named for the kobold.
- Added to the game.
|Items Requiring Cobalt|
|Armor||Cobalt Hat · Cobalt Helmet · Cobalt Mask · Cobalt Breastplate · Cobalt Leggings|
|Tools||Cobalt Drill · Cobalt Chainsaw|
|Weapons||Light Disc · Cobalt Repeater · Cobalt Sword · Cobalt Naginata|