- This page is for the shortsword. For the broadsword, see Copper Broadsword.
The Copper Shortsword is the sword that your character first spawns with. It is the first and lowest-level Shortsword, crafted with 7 Copper Bars at an Iron Anvil. It is recommended to replace this weapon as soon as possible with a Wooden Sword, as the Copper Shortsword is the most useless possible sword for battle because of its short range and low power. Aside from the draw back of its attack pattern, it is akin to a very small one direction spear.
This sword has a very fast attack speed and does 5 damage. Being a Shortsword, its attacking motion is fired directly in front of the player, hindering the player's ability to hit flying enemies like a Demon Eye.
- Characters who die on Mediumcore mode will spawn with a new version of this item, even if they had one in their inventory at the time of death. This can include the weapon having a new prefix.
- This is the weakest sword in Terraria. Second being the Wooden Sword
- It is recommended that you use a broadsword instead of a shortsword; broadswords have more reach/range/damage.
- On mobile, players start with a Wooden Sword.
- The Copper Axe and Copper Pickaxe are included in the inventory at the start of the game in addition to the Copper Shortsword.
- Newly created characters now spawn with this.
- Added to the game.
|Items Requiring Copper|
|Tools||Copper Axe · Copper Hammer · Copper Pickaxe|
|Armor||Copper Helmet · Copper Chainmail · Copper Greaves|
|Weapons||Amethyst Staff · Copper Shortsword · Copper Broadsword · Copper Bow|
|Other||Copper Bar · Copper Brick · Copper Plating|