The only unique monster that spawns in Corrupt Deserts is the Dark Mummy.
By contrast, monsters which spawn in normal Deserts will not spawn in Corrupt Deserts.
- The purple cacti in Corrupt Deserts are functionally identical to regular cacti.
- Corrupt thorns will not grow in the Corrupt Desert.
- It is possible for the background to change to the Corrupt Desert background before the Wall Of Flesh is killed. This happens when there is too much Corruption beside a Desert.
- If the sand from a Desert goes deep enough underground to reach the Underground Corruption, then that Desert can be corrupted from the bottom up.
- Unlike Hallowed and regular Deserts, Waterleaf will not grow in Corrupt Deserts.
- There is a Crimson desert, while being similar to the Corrupted desert, all sand blocks turn into Crimsand instead of Ebonsand.
- The Corrupt Desert may now spawn on world generation (not in hardmode), but it will not spawn any mobs unique to it until Hardmode gets enabled.
- Added to the game.