When Hardmode is activated, Corruption will spread to other blocks, including sand. When the Corruption, this includes Vile Spit attacks from a Corrupter or Unholy Water, comes into contact with Sand, it becomes Ebonsand, which makes up the Corrupt Desert.
- Corrupt thorns will not grow in the Corrupt desert.
- It is possible for the background to change to the corrupt desert background before the Wall Of Flesh is killed. This happens when there is too much corruption beside a desert.
- It is able to be corrupted from the underground corruption if the sand is deep enough.
- This biome spawns corrupt Cactus and Dark Mummies.
- Unlike the hallowed and regular deserts, it does not produce Waterleaf.
- Added to the game.