The Crimtane Goldfish is the Crimson version of the Goldfish. A Goldfish becomes a Crimtane Goldfish when a player throws Vile Powder on it, it spawns in the Crimson, or the Blood Moon event is in progress. This enemy is aggressive but it cannot leave the water to attack unless the water is drained.
- Crimtane Goldfish may look like piranhas, but they have longer Teeth, bigger fins, a different color and more.
- Crimtane Goldfish attack in much the same way as the piranhas from the jungle and cave biomes. If it senses The Player in the water, it will swim towards them at a moderate speed.
- Crimtane Goldfish cannot be turned back into goldfish.
- Crimtane Goldfish will not die if they are out of water.
- There is currently no Crimtane Goldfish Banner, therefore killing them produces "Kill count unavailable".
- Added to the game.