|Found In||Randomly below the surface throughout the world|
|Drops||Life Crystal (when destroyed with a Hammer)|
A Heart Crystal is a red heart shaped stone that can be found underground, in the Underworld, Underground Jungles and in Dungeons. A Life Crystal is only harvestable with a Hammer, Hamaxe, or Hamdrax.
Life Crystals can be used to increase a player's maximum and current Health by 20 points (one heart) with each crystal used, up to a maximum of 400 Health. After max Health has been reached, a player cannot use any more Life Crystals, though they can still use them to play the associated animation and sound effect. Also, seeing as there are often more crystals in the world than needed, the player could give extras to friends, or sell them to the merchant for 1 and 50 .
It should be noted that when a player first uses a Life Crystal, a Nurse will arrive in the player's world, provided she has a room to stay in and there are no other Nurses in that world. Although this is not the case with Multiplayer where all the player's Health has to be over 250 combined for her to join.
Heart Crystals also can be seen grouped up, sometimes 4 of them in a screen. It rarely happens though. In addition, the player may hear a spell-like sound clip when near a Heart Crystal.
Note that Heart Crystals cannot be obtained by breaking the blocks under them, and the two blocks it is on cannot be broken until the heart is gone. Also if you allow lava to flow on it the heart will drop. If the Heart Crystal is on top Sand, you can break the sand blocks two blocks below it and then the Crystal will be floating. This may be a possible bug.
Notes about the crystalEdit
- In a medium world, there are enough Heart Crystals to give 20 players full HP (400 HP).
- There's about 200-300 in small worlds, 300-350 in medium worlds, and about 400-450 in large worlds.
- Using a Spelunker Potion will cause Heart Crystals to glow.
- More commonly found in jungle biomes or the underworld
- It is possible to find a Crystal Heart standing on one tile.
- Sometimes 2 or 3 will be near each other.
- It will overlap with other things rarely.