Crystal Shards are a placeable crafting material which may be naturally found in the Underground Hallow on Pearlstone or Pink Ice Blocks, requiring a Pickaxe or a Drill to harvest. They come in several different shapes and colors before they've been harvested. After being harvested, however, their inventory image is always that of a purple crystal.
- Placing Crystal Shards will result in randomly-colored versions, in a manner similar to the randomized graphics created when placing Books and Coral.
- Crystal shards give off a very small amount of light and brightens occasionally, which makes them somewhat easier to find. The light it emits depends on the color of the crystal.
- Crystal shards regenerate after a short period of time, making them fairly easy to farm with a long bridge of pearlstone blocks.
- On the Mobile devices and 3DS you can get Crystal Shards by killing an Arch Demon,this is an 100% drop and occurs in the underworld Pre-Hardmode.
- Max stack increased from 250 to 999.
- Added to the game.