|Use Time||6 (Insanely Fast)|
|Rarity||Tier 4 (Red)|
|Tooltip||Summons rapid fire crystal shards|
|Crafted With|| 30 Crystal Shard|
20 Souls of Light
1 Spell Tome
Crystal Storm benefits greatly from Reforging, as any offensive bonuses will add up quickly when applied to each of its numerous attacks. As of patch 1.1, it is regarded by many to be one of the best ranged magic weapons in the game. Because it can be crafted before fighting any of the hardmode bosses, players may wish to consider the acquisition of this spell to be one of their highest priorities after defeating the Wall of Flesh.Crystal Storm Weapon Terraria HERO(03:01)
- Crystal Storm works exceptionally well when paired with the Mana Flower, because it automatically uses mana potions once your mana reaches zero.
- Crystal Storm's rate of fire is equal to that of the Minishark and the Megashark.
- It is possible for Crystal Storm to shoot an occasional projectile through doors or 1-block-thick walls. This can be most easily demonstrated by standing adjacent to a closed door and aiming to shoot through it at a -45 degree angle.
- Due to its capability of multiple number of rebounds of surfaces; it makes it ideal for reaching enemy mobs in hard to reach spaces. This allows for more strategic attacks on the target.
- As the projectiles are slower in water and vanish fairly fast, its not the best weapon underwater.
- If used while character is at most 1 block deep in water or from outside of water the projectiles will not lose speed or be affected by the presence of the water. Giving this technique higher effectiveness toward submerged non swimming foes because they are affected less by the knockback.
- This weapon is considered a counterpart to Cursed Flames, as they require opposite kinds of souls and do similar things.
- Projectiles from the Crystal Storm can become trapped in walls and ceilings when fired at an angle. (See picture below)
- Crystal Storm projectiles disappear after about 3 seconds
- Some players reported having a Mythical Crystal Storm that had a mana cost higher instead of lower. This may have been a bug in the game, but has been fixed since.
- Added to the game.
|Aqua Scepter||Crystal Storm||Cursed Flames||Demon Scythe|
|Dirt Rod||Fairy Bell||Flamelash||Flower of Fire|
|Ice Rod||Magic Dagger||Magic Missile||Magical Harp|
|Orb of Light||Rainbow Rod||Starfury||Water Bolt|