|Use Time||6 (Insanely Fast)|
|Quality||Tier 4 (Red)|
|Tooltip||Summons rapid fire crystal shards|
|Crafted With|| 30 Crystal Shard|
15 Souls of Light
1 Spell Tome
Crystal Storm benefits greatly from Reforging, as any offensive bonuses will add up quickly when applied to each of its numerous attacks. As of patch 1.1, it is regarded by many to be one of the best ranged magic weapons in the game. Because it can be crafted before fighting any of the hardmode bosses, players may wish to consider the acquisition of this spell to be one of their highest priorities after defeating the Wall of Flesh.
- Crystal Storm's rate of fire is equal to that of the Megashark.
- It is possible for Crystal Storm to shoot an occasional projectile through doors or 1-block-thick walls. This can be most easily demonstrated by standing adjacent to a closed door and aiming to shoot through it at a -45 degree angle.
- Due to its capability of multiple number of rebounds of surfaces; it makes it ideal for reaching enemy mobs in hard to reach spaces. This allows for more strategic attacks on the target.
- As the projectiles are slower in water and vanish fairly fast, its not the best weapon underwater.
- If used while the player character is at most 1 block deep in water or from outside of water the projectiles will not lose speed or be affected by the presence of the water. This gives this technique higher effectiveness toward submerged non-swimming foes because they are affected less by the knockback.
- Projectiles from the Crystal Storm can become trapped in walls and ceilings when fired at an angle. (See picture below)
- Crystal Storm projectiles disappear after about 3 seconds.
- As of 1.2.3, it's no longer possible to have the mythical prefix, due to its lower mana cost. However, it's still possible to aquire the mystic prefix, even though it lowers mana cost.
- Sometimes the projectiles will go through a wall like a mirror.
- Added to the game.
|Pre-Hard Mode Offensive|
|Pre-Hard Mode Utility|
|Hard Mode Offensive|
|Hard Mode Utility|