|Use Time||19 (Very Fast)|
|Quality||Tier 4 (Red)|
|Tooltip||Summons unholy fire balls|
|Crafted With|| 30 Cursed Flame|
15 Souls of Night
1 Spell Tome
- This page is about the weapon, for the material see Cursed Flame.
Cursed Flames is a spell that can only be crafted at a Bookcase. It requires 30 Cursed Flames, 15 Soul of Night (20 on Mobile Device) and 1 Spell Tome. The spell sends out a ball of fire, much akin to the Flower of Fire. but is bright green in color. The Cursed Flames also travel faster, farther and they hit twice instead of just the once that the Flower hits. It doesn't wear off by time, unlike Crystal Storm, but it disappears after hitting blocks 5 times.
- The Cursed Flames can pass downward and upwards through platforms.
- This weapon is considered a counterpart to Crystal Storm, as they require opposite kinds of souls and do similar things.
- The spell works underwater like most items/weapons that uses Cursed Flame.
- The best Prefix for Cursed Flames is "Mythical".
- This weapon is excellent for fighting in open spaces due to the fact that it can bounce 5 times before disappearing. Using this, it is easily possible to shoot a number of projectiles and then retreat, leaving enemies to die from the Cursed Inferno Debuff it inflicts.
- This weapon is also very effective against Skeletron Prime . While Skeletron Prime's head is immune to the debuff, the hands are not, so the spell can easily take out the hands with the Cursed Inferno so that the player can deal with the head with hardly any hinderance
- This may be a reference to Luigi, from Super Smash Brothers Brawl. The Flower of Fire fires a similar projectile to Mario's fire flower, while the Cursed Flames fires a green flame, similar to Luigi's respective ability.
- Added to the game.
|Pre-Hard Mode Offensive|
|Pre-Hard Mode Utility|
|Hard Mode Offensive|
|Hard Mode Utility|