| Sub Type
The Cyborg is an NPC added in the 1.2 update. He only spawns once the player defeats the Hard Mode boss Plantera and there is a house available for him.
Uses a Proximity Mine Launcher against nearby enemies. His eyes turn red as he fires his weapon.
- And then Unit 492-8 said, 'Who do you think I am, Unit 472-6?' HA. HA. HA.
- My expedition efficiency was critically reduced when a projectile impacted my locomotive actuator.
- This sentence is false, or is it?
- So that 'punk' lookin' chick is an inventor, eh? I think I could show her a thing or two! (Steampunker must be present)
- Sure, me and <Pirate Name> are pals, but I hate it when his parrot does his business on me. That stuff's corrosive!
- I built myself a taste mechanism, so I can drink some ale! (Possible reference to Bender's taste in alcohol)
- Sometimes I come off a bit... Get it? a bit?
- Have you defeated the wall of <Guide Name> yet?
- Name references:
- Niner-7 is presumed to be a reference to the Star Trek: Voyager character, Seven of Nine.
- Niner-7 is also a possible reference to the character Four Seven Niner from Rooster Teeth's Red vs. Blue.
- Fender is a possible reference to the Futurama character, Bender. Alternatively, it could be referencing "Fender Bender", a phrase referring to a car crash.
- T-3E0 might be a reference to the Star Wars character C-3P0.
- A.N.D.Y. is possibly a reference to Robot Deputy A.N.D.Y from the TV Show Eureka.
- The quote "My expedition efficiency was critically reduced when a projectile impacted my locomotive actuator." might be a reference to the "arrow in the knee" meme from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- Most of the names are based off of Greek letters, including Alpha, Beta, Kappa, Omega, Sigma, and Theta.
- The quote "This sentence is false, or is it?" may be a reference to GLaDOS from Portal 2 or the Liar Paradox.
- The Cyborg is the only NPC that sells an exclusive item during a Solar Eclipse (The Rocket IV)