|389Dao of Pow|
|Use Time||44 (Very Slow)|
|Tooltip||'Find your inner pieces'|
|Sell Value||2 88|
The Dao of Pow is a flail weapon that can only be crafted. It is the third strongest flail weapon in the game after the 1.2.4 update (after the Flower Pow), and has a chance of inflicting the Debuff "Confused". It has a range of 22 blocks, 6 blocks further than the Sunfury at 16 blocks.
The Dao of Pow has a glitch when swung where it will fall through the block it is on and won't be able to get out unless the player pulls it back. This seems to happen mostly when in water. The Yin & Yang symbol will spin when the flail is used. If your character stands at most 15 blocks away from a door, this flail can go through it.
- The Dao of Pow is one of the most effective weapons to use against The Destroyer.
- It is very effective in PvP because of the debuff it inflicts.
- Due to the particular weight and speed of the weapon, some practice may be needed to use the Dao effectively.
- It is great for killing worm like monsters such as the The Destroyer, Eater Of Worlds, World Feeders, and Diggers.
- This weapon will confuse stronger enemies less frequently than weaker ones.
- If the left mouse button is held, it becomes unaffected by gravity, allowing you to hit the same enemy twice if they remain in its path.
- Like all other flails, the Dao of Pow's best reforge is Godly.
- If it gets away more than 22 blocks, it becomes unaffected by blocks and immediately returns to player.
- The name of the item is a reference to The Tao of Pooh, a best-selling book written by Benjamin Hoff. The book is intended as an introduction to the Eastern belief system of Taoism for Westerners.
- The symbol on the ball is the Yin and Yang symbol, representative of Tao, from Taoism belief, or alternately spelled, Dao and Daoism, thus Dao of Pow. The description "Find your inner pieces" is a modification of the Daoistic search for inner peace, or peace within one's self, through balance of Yin and Yang (tying to the symbol). Peace, modified to pieces, meaning that you'll be in pieces when hit.
- Also note the fact that it confuses enemies while having the reference to Taoism, which may be a reference to Confucianism, another ancient Chinese style of living.
Sometimes the flail can go through single blocks.
- Damage increased from 49 to 64.
- Lost the ability to be reforged with Size modifiers, including "Legendary".
- Added to the game.