|Use Time||24 (Fast)|
|Quality||Tier 3 (Orange)|
|Found In||Shadow Chests|
|This item cannot be crafted.|
The Dark Lance has a ranged attack and a fast speed, similar to a Shortsword or Spear. The range of the lance reaches to about 4-6 blocks and has a knockback of around 4 tiles. The particle effect left when used in a dark area lasts for about a second and is similar to the effect of the Demon Scythe. This is very useful for locating caves or Ores through walls and defeating multiple enemies at the same time. The Dark Lance is found in Shadow Chests in the Underworld layer.
The Dark Lance attacks in whatever direction you click. The attack can penetrate walls, making it able to hit any monster than can pass through tiles, but cannot hit monsters through walls. For example, they can hit a Cursed Skull floating in a wall, but cannot hit an Angry Bones through a door. It is a very effective Weapon against almost all Monsters, though it can be flawed when put up against Bats or Mages due to their quick, small movement and their teleporting, respectively.
- The Dark Lance is a recreation of Ganondorf's trident, the Dark Trident, from the Legend of Zelda Series.
- In previous versions of Terraria, only one Dark Lance could be found per map, this is untrue as of 1.0.6.
- The Dark Lance is a Demonite based weapon, though it is uncraftable and is only found in Shadow Chests, by unlocking it with a Shadow Key
- While the Dark Lance does lower damage than some other weapons you may have at the time of its acquisition (Night's Edge, for example) it seems to be more effective and, thanks to it's very far range, ability to hit in all directions, and possibilities of double-triple hitting enemies in a single strike, can easily carry you on to, and through, hardmode.
- It is very effective against segmented enemies.
- New Sprite.
- Speed changed to Fast.
- Damage increased to 27.
- Found more commonly.
- Added to the game.