The Demolitionist is an NPC that will move in and sell explosives when his conditions are met. He spawns once you obtain at least one piece of either Dynamite, Grenade, Bomb or a Sticky Bomb in your inventory (placing explosives in the Hotbar will have no effect) and you have a home for him to live in.
An easy way to acquire him is to hunt down an Undead Miner, since these have a 90% chance of dropping an explosive upon death. Bombs can also be found commonly in pots and chests.
He will only spawn in worlds in which you have held an explosive, in any part of your inventory, and the object doesn't need to be used. There have been a few reports of him not spawning (This has found to be due to the fact that he sometimes spawns under the surface and gets stuck. Removing him from his room/house at night and placing him back into his old one in the morning may fix this glitch.). He will leave his house in the morning, however he will return back at night.
If you acquire an explosive prior to meeting the requirements to get the Merchant, he will NOT spawn until the Merchant has spawned. The aforementioned glitch is most likely due to the fact that obtaining the Merchant is a prerequisite to obtaining the Demolitionist.
|Item||Sale Price||Special Conditions|
|Hellfire Arrow||1||Must be in Hardmode|
|5||After defeating Plantera|
|12||Must be in Hardmode|
|"Check out my goods, they have explosive prices!"|
"Dynamite, my own special cure-all for what ails ya."
During a Blood Moon
"There was a bomb sitting right here, and now I can't seem to find it."
|Note: Upon adding a new name, make sure you add it according to the ABC list.
- The small thing he carries around is a bird. It was used by miners in real life to determine if there was a gas leak; if the bird stops singing or falls over, there is a gas leak somewhere.
- The quote "There was a bomb sitting right here, and now I cant seem to find it..." might explain where the Clown gets his bombs.
- The quote "It's a good day to die!" may refere to the move It's A Good Day To Die Hard.
- Now sells Explosive Powder.
- Price for dynamite changed to 1 gold and 50 silver, used to be only 50 silver.
- Now gets a random name when he spawns.
|Dryad||Dye Trader||Goblin Tinkerer||Guide|
|Painter||Party Girl||Pirate||Santa Claus|