The Demon Eye is a common flying enemy that spawns at night, and is generally one of the first enemies a new player will encounter at night alongside zombies. Demon Eyes fly in an arc-like pattern and bounce off walls, and bounce away when struck by anything. Because of their tendency to bounce everywhere, they can be annoying to defeat. Upon death, Demon Eyes can drop a Lens or rarely, a Black Lens. They can also spawn rarely with colored lenses, but the drops are the same. There are many different colored sprites like the purple demon eye, the green demon eye and also others such as white, black and yellow "lensed" demon eyes.
- Demon Eye
- Purple Eye
- Dilated Eye (black lens)
- Green Eye
- Cataract Eye
- Sleepy Eye
- UFO costume Eye
- Owl costume Eye
- Wandering Eye (the Hardmode counterpart of the Demon Eye)
- Servant of Cthulhu (an enemy who appears with Eye of Cthulhu)
- Eye of Cthulhu (Boss)
- The Twins (Hardmode Version of Eye of Cthulhu, and comes in two instead of one)
- Killing 20 Demon Eyes will increase the chance of spawning an Eye of Cthulhu, if you have yet to defeat it.
- Due to the pattern in which Demon Eyes fly, they often have trouble entering opened doors.
- Green Demon Eyes with 51 may be a reference to Mario games, since green mushrooms give an extra life.
- The Dilated Eye may have a larger black lens, but despite this, it doesn't have a higher drop rate for the item.
Known Bugs And Glitches
- Sometimes a Demon Eye can pass through a single dirt or wood block.
- If you somehow manage to trap a Demon Eye and place blocks where it would fly in the trap, if there were blocks underneath the trap, the eye would glitch through the blocks.
- The Eye of Cthulhu, Wandering Eye and Servant of Cthulhu are modeled after this enemy.
- Costumed Demon Eye will now leave correctly at night.
- Added Halloween themed skin for Demon eye.
- Now has a chance to drop a Demon Eye Banner.
- New Demon Eye textures added. Demon Eyes with these new textures have slightly different stats.
- No longer able to enter water.
- No longer creates a "splash" sound when hitting water.
- Given a chance to drop Black Lenses.
- Added to the game.