| Max Stack
|| Pulsing with dark energy.
| Sell Value
are the refined form of Demonite Ore
. Demonite is the ninth tier in the twelve tiers of pre-hardmode Ores
: one tier above Platinum
, but one tier lower than Crimtane Bar
. It is the counterpart of Crimtane
on worlds where the Crimson
is replaced by the Corruption
- Any item made with Demonite Bars will emit a small amount of shadow particles.
- 110 Demonite Bars (or 330 Demonite Ore) are required to craft all of the Demonite tier items along with an additional 56 Shadow Scales.
- Any Items created with Demonite Bars are worth as much or less than a single bar. To gain money faster it is wise to defeat the Eater of Worlds or the Eye of Cthulhu and sell the raw ore.
- Demonite does not change value when made into bars. This makes it much quicker to sell a stack of ore than crafting them into bars first, because it will yield in exactly the same amount of money.
- Demonite can be easily found around the Corruption in groups of 2-5.
- Items made out of Demonite are faster than their Crimtane counterparts, but deal less damage per hit.
- Crafting changed back to requirement of 3 ores, instead of 4.
- New sprite.
- Became placeable as decoration.