Demonite Bars are the refined form of Demonite Ore. Demonite is the ninth tier in the twelve tiers of pre-hardmode Ores: one tier above Platinum, but one tier lower than Crimtane Bar. It is the counterpart of Crimtane on worlds where the Crimson is replaced by the Corruption.
- Any item made with Demonite Bars will emit a small amount of shadow particles.
- 110 Demonite Bars (or 330 Demonite Ore) are required to craft all of the Demonite tier items along with an additional 56 Shadow Scales.
- Any Items created with Demonite Bars are worth as much or less than a single bar. To gain money faster it is wise to defeat the Eater of Worlds or the Eye of Cthulhu, refine the ores into bars and sell them whole.
- When Demonite Bars are created the sell value is worth 8 silver more than the value of 3 Demonite Ore.
- Demonite can be easily found around the Corruption in groups of 2-5.
- Items made out of Demonite are faster than their Crimtane counterparts, but deal less damage per hit.
- Crafting changed back to requirement of 3 ores, instead of 4.
- New sprite.
- Became placeable as decoration.
- Added to the game.
|Original Metals||Alternative Metals|
|Hard Mode Metals|
|Other Minerals & Materials|
|Items Requiring Demonite|
|Armor||Shadow Helmet · Shadow Scalemail · Shadow Greaves|
|Tools||Fisher of Souls · Nightmare Pickaxe · The Breaker · War Axe of the Night|
|Weapons||Demon Bow · Light's Bane · Malaise|
|Other||Demonite Bar · Demonite Brick|