Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Desert biome has a 1/10 chance to spawn a Desert Pyramid.
In Hardmode, Pearlsand and Crimsand/Ebonsand will appear when The Hallow, The Crimson or The Corruption spread into a desert. These blocks spread Hallow/Crimson/Corruption to other sand blocks, eventually creating converted biomes such as a Hallowed or a Corrupt/Crimson Desert. The two Hardmode deserts are different in several ways from a normal desert:
- The background changes.
- Light or Dark Mummies spawn in the Hallowed and the Corrupt/Crimson Desert, respectively.
- Stylized Cacti grow, while not changing in function (they still drop the Cactus item when destroyed).
- Sandstorm weather occurrence added, with exclusive enemies and new soundtrack.
- Underground Desert added.
- Desert has its own music track.
- Cacti no longer cause knockback making running through a desert less of a hassle.
- Deserts now spawn slightly further away from spawn.
- Surface Jungles have been enlarged and will override deserts. (requires new world)
- Sand no longer spawns within a certain distance of a spawn location. This should remove the chance of spawning in a desert with no wood to use.
- Added to the game.