The Dryad is a NPC (Non-playable character) that will move into an empty house once you've killed a "strong monster" or boss. The easiest bosses to kill would be the Eye of Cthulhu, Skeletron, or the Eater of Worlds. The Dryad reveals in conversation that she is 500 years old. She's one of six female NPCs, the other ones being the Nurse, the Steampunker, the Party Girl, the Stylist, and the Mechanic. The Dryad can tell you the percentage of Corruption/Crimson vs. Hallow in the world. She does not drop any items upon death.
The Dryad can bless the player when there are monsters nearby. She makes a large, expanding circle around herself when enemies are near her, and its outer ring seems to be made out of leaves. This buff increases the player's defense by 8, causes enemies that touch the player to take damage, and damages enemies within the circle a minimum of 1 point per second. This amount is increased for the number of bosses defeated in the world.
Enemies inside the leaf circle will be instead affected by Dryad's Bane debuff, taking 4 damage per second.
|Vile Powder||1||(Blood Moon)|
|Corrupt Seeds/Crimson Seeds||5||(Blood Moon)(Corresponding to the world)|
|Pumpkin Seed||2 50||None|
|Mushroom Grass Seeds||1 50||Dryad must live in a mushroom biome|
|Sparkly Wings||40|| (Blood Moon)|
and (Hard Mode)
|Planter Box||1||After defeating certain bosses|
|"Whats this about having more 'bark' than bite?"|
"So two goblins walk into a bar, and one says to the other, 'Want to get a Goblet of beer?'
On Blood Moon
"It is a evil moon tonight. Be careful."
Corruption vs. Hallow
"You should try harder" (tested at 2% hallow vs 7% corruption, 5%/15%)
|Note: Upon adding a new name, make sure you add it according to the ABC list.
- She appears to be wearing no clothes, but instead vines.
- She is the only NPC that the Truffle trusts.
- No matter if your world has Crimson or Corruption in it, she will always, when asked for the world status, say it is x% corrupt (no longer true due to newer versions).
- She'll say "You should try harder." even if you have 0% world corrupted and hallowed.
- In one quote where she calls the Truffle NPC a "fun guy" it is a pun on the word "fungi" since the Truffle is a mushroom, a type of fungi.
- She doesn't move in if Lepus is killed even though it's a boss.
- Sometimes, the Dryad will tell you that your world is 0% corrupt, even when it has Corruption in it.
- Sometimes, the Dryad will tell you to try harder when your world is 0% corrupt (tested with tablet at 5% hallow and 0% corrupt)
- Gained the ability to buff the player with Dryad's Blessing.
- Has new quotes when the world is either really corrupt or really hallow.
- No longer gives Pumpkin Seeds away for free, she sells them for 2 Silver and 50 Copper.
- Is now assigned a randomly generated name when spawned.
- Added to the game.