The Dryad can bless the player when there are monsters nearby. She makes a large, expanding circle around herself when enemies are near her, and its outer ring seems to be made out of leaves. This buff increases the player's defense by 8, causes enemies that touch the player to get knocked back and take thorns damage, and damages enemies within the circle a minimum of 1 point per second. This amount is increased for the number of bosses defeated in the world. It is particularly beneficial for homes built to optimize her blessing.
Enemies inside the leaf circle will be instead affected by Dryad's Bane debuff, taking 1 damage per second. The damage is increased with each boss the player has killed.
|Vile Powder||1||(Blood Moon)|
|Corrupt Seeds/Crimson Seeds||5||(Blood Moon)(Corresponding to the world)|
|Pumpkin Seed||2 50||None|
|Mushroom Grass Seeds||1 50||Dryad must live in a mushroom biome|
|Sparkly Wings||40|| (Blood Moon)|
and (Hard Mode)
|Blinkroot Planter Box||1||after Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated|
|Daybloom Planter Box||1||after King Slime has been defeated|
|Deathweed Planter Box||1||after Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu has been defeated|
|Fireblossom Planter Box||1||after Wall of Flesh has been defeated|
|Moonglow Planter Box||1||after Queen Bee has been defeated|
|Shiverthorn Planter Box||1||after Skeletron has been defeated|
|Waterleaf Planter Box||1||after Skeletron has been defeated|
|"Whats this about having more 'bark' than bite?"|
"So two goblins walk into a bar, and one says to the other, 'Want to get a Goblet of beer?'
On Blood Moon
"I sell what I want! If you don't like it, too bad."
Corruption vs. Hallow
"You should try harder" (tested at 2% hallow vs 7% corruption, 5%/15%)
|Note: Upon adding a new name, make sure you add it according to the ABC list.
- She appears to be wearing no clothes, but instead vines.
- She is the only NPC that the Truffle trusts.
- No matter if your world has Crimson or Corruption in it, she will always, when asked for the world status, say it is x% corrupt (no longer true due to newer versions).
- She'll say "You should try harder." even if you have 0% world corrupted and hallowed.
- In one quote where she calls the Truffle NPC a "fun guy" it is a pun on the word "fungi" since the Truffle is a mushroom, a type of fungi.
- Sometimes, the Dryad will tell you that your world is 0% corrupt, even when it has Corruption in it.
- Sometimes, the Dryad will tell you to try harder when your world is 0% corrupt (tested with tablet at 5% hallow and 0% corrupt)
- Gained the ability to buff the player with Dryad's Blessing.
- Has new quotes when the world is either really corrupt or really hallow.
- No longer gives Pumpkin Seeds away for free, she sells them for 2 Silver and 50 Copper.
- Is now assigned a randomly generated name when spawned.
- Added to the game.