|Damage (?)|| 250 to Monsters|
500 to Player
|Use Time||39 (Very Slow)|
|Quality||Tier 1 (Blue)|
|Purchase Value||1 50|
Dynamite destroys blocks surrounding it and deals 250 damage to monsters and 500 damage to the player. Unlike Bombs, it is used more frequently as a mining tool rather than for combat, since it destroys a large quantity (7 block radius) of blocks and takes a longer amount of time before detonation. Dynamite can be found in Chests that are located in caves and/or Floating Islands.
Dynamite can break through Ebonstone and Crimstone, which is useful for reaching Shadow Orbs or Pulsating Hearts if the player has not yet obtained a Nightmare Pickaxe or Deathbringer Pickaxe, but is not as cost-effective as Purification Powder. It can also break Meteorite with ease, providing an easy way to harvest the material.
They can be stored in stacks of 30 per Inventory slot. Dynamite cannot break Hellstone or Dungeon Bricks (it can, however, break Dungeon Walls). Dynamite is the most popular tool used by Griefers because of its ability to destroy almost everything in its large blast radius.
- In the (leaked) alpha, Dynamite costs 1 Gold instead of 1 Gold, 50 Silver.
- If killed by Dynamite (or any other explosive), the player will not drop any money, to prevent griefers from stealing money. This also allows the player to commit loss-free suicide with explosives.
- If you throw dynamite or a bomb then quit the world before it has exploded, it will have disappeared entirely when you re-enter the world, without breaking anything.
- Dynamite is usually one of the first ways a player can navigate Chasms. Bombs are generally a cheaper option since they can be found in Pots.
- On the console edition with 2 players in the game, talking to the guide and pressing crafting then clicking on dynamite in your inventory sometimes crashes the game.
- Dynamite does not disappear when thrown into water or explode when thrown into lava .
- Stack limit raised from 5 to 30.
- As of v1.2, dynamite costs 1 gold and 50 silver to buy from the demolitionist, instead of the old price of 50 silver. Also, the sell value was increased to 30 silver.