|Damage (?)|| 250 to Monsters|
500 to Player
|Use Time||39 (Very Slow)|
|Quality||Tier 1 (Blue)|
|Purchase Value||1 50|
|This item cannot be crafted.|
|Material In||Explosives (item)|
Dynamite can break through Ebonstone, which is useful for reaching Shadow Orbs if the player has not yet obtained a Nightmare Pickaxe, but is not as cost-effective as Purification Powder. It can also break Meteorite with ease, providing an easy way to harvest the material.
They can be stored in stacks of 30 per Inventory slot. Dynamite cannot break Hellstone or Dungeon Bricks (it can, however, break Dungeon Walls). Dynamite is the most popular tool used by Griefers because of its ability to destroy almost everything in its large blast radius.
Three dynamite and one wire can be crafted into explosives, which can be used as a trap.
All explosives (grenade, bomb, sticky bomb, beenade, dynamite and explosives) are unable to destroy water or lava blocks.
- In the (leaked) alpha, Dynamite costs 1 Gold instead of 50 Silver.
- If killed by Dynamite, the player will not drop any money, to prevent griefers from stealing money.
- If you throw dynamite or a bomb then quit the world before it has exploded, it will have disappeared entirely when you re-enter the world, without breaking anything.
- Dynamite packs (Explosives) can only be placed on solid blocks, meaning they cannot be placed on wooden platforms.
- Dynamite is usually the first way a player can navigate the underground corruption.
- On the console edition with 2 players in the game, talking to the guide and pressing crafting then clicking on dynamite in your inventory sometimes crashes the game.
- Dynamite does NOT disappear when thrown underwater or into lava.
- Stack limit raised from 5 to 30.
- As of v1.2, dynamite costs 1 gold and 50 silver to buy from the demolitionist, instead of the old price of 50 silver. Also, the sell value was increased to 30 silver.