|Eater of Souls6|
The Eater of Souls can spawn from either Ebonstone or corrupted Dirt, with large groups usually coming from Chasms. Since an Eater of Souls can cause a lot of damage, and due to the fact that they tend to spawn in groups, newer players are advised to avoid The Corruption until they obtain more powerful weapons and a higher defense.
On death, an Eater of Souls has a chance to drop Rotten Chunks which, when combined with Vile Powder at a Demon Altar, creates Worm Food to summon the Eater of Worlds, which is a Corruption-themed boss monster.
The Eater of Worlds is a tunnelling boss monster with many individual body components, each resembling an Eater of Souls. The similarity in names suggests that this was a deliberate decision.
- These creatures often Spawn near Ebonstone, be sure to use caution when using ebonstone to build. This can be used as a tactic in pvp battles to slow down enemies.
- Since they fly, it would be a good idea to have either a ranged weapon or a weapon with long range (e.g. Guns) when venturing out into The Corruption, or a weapon strong enough to get them when they make their first dive. (Such as the Blade of Grass.)
- Drawn by Andrew (Redigit) Spinks .
- May no longer enter water
- AI altered - Eater of Souls now surround players before charging.