|6Eater of Souls|
|Spawn Area||The Corruption|
|Eater of Souls Banner||0.5%|
|Ancient Shadow Helmet||0.22%|
|Ancient Shadow Scalemail||0.22%|
|Ancient Shadow Greaves||0.22%|
The Eater of Souls is a monster found prominently in The Corruption. It flies in an arc-like pattern, similar to Demon Eyes, and will bounce off of any solid objects that it touches. The other monsters in the Eater Family are based off of this monster. Their size may very.
The Eater of Souls can spawn from either Ebonstone or Corrupted grass, with large groups usually coming from Chasms. Since an Eater of Souls can cause a lot of damage, and due to the fact that they tend to spawn in groups, newer players are advised to avoid The Corruption until they obtain more powerful weapons and a higher defense.
On death, an Eater of Souls has a chance to drop Rotten Chunks which, when combined with Vile Powder at a Demon Altar, creates Worm Food to summon the Eater of Worlds, which is a Corruption-themed boss monster.
- Be sure to use caution when using Ebonstone to build, as it can easily attract these creatures. This can be used as a tactic in pvp battles to slow down enemies.
- Since they fly, it would be a good idea to have either a ranged weapon or a weapon with long range (e.g. Guns) when venturing out into The Corruption, or a weapon strong enough to get them when they make their first dive. (Such as the Blade of Grass.)
- Has a chance to drop pieces of Ancient Shadow Armor.
- Have varying stats as Big and Little Eaters aren't spawned anymore.
- May no longer enter water
- AI altered - Eater of Souls now surround players before charging.
- ↑ Taylor Whaley (March 13, 2013). "Interview with Creator of Terraria – Andrew “Redigit” Spinks". RegretZero. Retrieved December 13, 2013.