|6Eater of Souls|
|Spawn Area||The Corruption|
|Eater of Souls Banner|
|Ancient Shadow Helmet||0.22%|
|Ancient Shadow Scalemail||0.22%|
|Ancient Shadow Greaves||0.22%|
The Eater of Souls can spawn from either Ebonstone or Corrupted grass, with large groups usually coming from Chasms. Since an Eater of Souls can cause a lot of damage, and due to the fact that they tend to spawn in groups, newer players are advised to avoid The Corruption until they obtain more powerful weapons and a higher defense.
On death, an Eater of Souls has a chance to drop Rotten Chunks which, when combined with Vile Powder at a Demon Altar, creates Worm Food to summon the Eater of Worlds, which is a Corruption-themed boss monster.
- Be sure to use caution when using Ebonstone to build, as it can easily attract these creatures. This can be used as a tactic in pvp battles to slow down enemies.
- Since they fly, it would be a good idea to have either a ranged weapon or a weapon with long range (e.g. Guns) when venturing out into The Corruption, or a weapon strong enough to get them when they make their first dive. (Such as the Blade of Grass.)
- Has a chance to drop pieces of Ancient Shadow Armor.
- Have varying stats as Big and Little Eaters aren't spawned anymore.
- May no longer enter water
- AI altered - Eater of Souls now surround players before charging.
- Added to the game.
- ↑ Taylor Whaley (March 13, 2013). "Interview with Creator of Terraria – Andrew “Redigit” Spinks". RegretZero. Retrieved December 13, 2013.