The Ebonstone Block is a type of block that comprises most of the Corruption. It can only be mined with the Nightmare Pickaxe or better. Dynamite and Bombs will blow it up. Purification Powder will turn it into regular Stone blocks, while Holy Water will turn it into Pearlstone.
- Placing a sufficient amount of Ebonstone Blocks (it can range from as much as 5 to 50 or more) causes the Eater of Souls to spawn as if it were a natural Corruption, so it is not advised as a normal building material. The more blocks placed, the greater chance that one will spawn.
- Use Purification Powder bought from the Dryad to change Ebonstone to Stone and mine it with Copper Pickaxe or greater.
- Use dynamite or bombs from the Demolitionist to blow up the Ebonstone.
- Mine it with a Nightmare Pickaxe or greater
There is a bug that causes the Ebonstone to have blue lines parallel to each other when in water.
- Stack increased from 250 to 999
- Once in Hardmode, Ebonstone can now spread Corruption
- Added to the game.