|Use Time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
The Flamarang is a ranged weapon that is useful for attacking multiple enemies at close quarters. It is the upgraded version of the Enchanted Boomerang in that it deals more damage, has a longer throwing distance, and is capable of lighting enemies on fire. The Flamarang returns instantly once it hits an enemy, making it worthwhile in cramped areas or with multiple targets.
Although it returns instantly after hitting an enemy, it takes a short time for it to return after hitting a wall (making players vulnerable), meaning that when throwing it, players can't completely forget accuracy.
It is debatable on whether the Flamarang or the Thorn Chakram is better since the Flamarang has higher damage and a longer throw distance, but the Thorn Chakram can bounce off of multiple walls and has a weak homing mechanic, and also is usualy obtained earlier in the game. The Flamarang is a better weapon for damage and speed while the Thorn Chakram is more of a strategy and precision weapon. The Flamarang emits a soft fire effect when thrown, similar to that of the Molten Pickaxe being swung, the embers of a torch, or certain other items.
- This may be a reference to the game 'Ty the Tasmanian Tiger' as one of the boomerangs you can get is a flamarang and looks the same.
- This weapon is extremely useful in killing all of the pre-hardmode bosses.
- If a player is in the air, the Flamarang can travel though walls much like the Thorn Chakram.
- Now requires only 10 Hellstone Bars to craft.
- Damage type changed to melee.
- Now has a chance to inflict On Fire debuff.
- Added to the game.
|Items Requiring Hellstone|
|Tools||Molten Pickaxe · Molten Hamaxe|
|Weapons||Fiery Greatsword · Flamarang · Hellfire Arrow · Imp Staff · Molten Fury · Phoenix Blaster|
|Armor||Molten Helmet · Molten Breastplate · Molten Greaves|
|Potions||Flask of Fire|
|Other||Hellstone Bar · Hellstone Brick|