|Use Time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
|Rarity||Tier 3 (Orange)|
|Crafted With|| 1 Enchanted Boomerang|
15 Hellstone Bars
|Crafted At||Iron Anvil|
Although it returns instantly after hitting an enemy, it takes a short time for it to return after hitting a wall (making players vulnerable), meaning that when throwing it, players can't completely forget accuracy.
It is debatable on whether the Flamarang or the Thorn Chakram is better since the Flamarang has higher damage and a longer throw distance, but the Thorn Chakram can bounce off of multiple walls and has a weak homing mechanic. The Flamarang is a better weapon for damage and speed while the Thorn Chakram is more of a strategy and precision weapon. The Flamarang emits a soft, fire effect when thrown, similar to that of the Molten Pickaxe being swung, the embers of a torch or certain other items.
- This may be a reference to the game 'Ty the Tasmanian Tiger' as one of the boomerangs you can get is a flamarang and looks the same.
- This weapon is extremely useful in killing all of the pre-hardmode bosses.
- If a player is in the air, the Flamarang can travel though walls much like the Thorn Chakram.
- As of the 1.0.6 patch, it has a chance to set enemies on fire.
- Damage type changed to melee.
|Items Requiring Hellstone|
|Tools||Molten Pickaxe · Molten Hamaxe|
|Weapons||Fiery Greatsword · Flamarang · Phoenix Blaster · Molten Fury|
|Armor||Molten Helmet · Molten Breastplate · Molten Greaves|
|Other||Hellstone Bar · Hellfire Arrow|