|Use Time||29 (Average)|
|Knockback||0.3 (Extremely Weak)|
|Quality||Tier 5 (Magenta)|
|Crafted With|| 1 Illegal Gun Parts|
20 Iron/ Lead Bars
20 Souls of Fright
|Crafted At|| Mythril Anvil|
The Flamethrower can't be used underwater. In addition, flames will stop if they come into contact with water.
The Elf Melter is an upgraded version of the Flamethrower.Flamethrower(03:29)
- Although Meteor Heads and Underworld mobs are immune to the "On Fire!" debuff, the flamethrower still deals the same damage to them.
- It is extremely effective against burrowing monsters and bosses due to its ability to pierce through several pieces at once and because of its high fire rate.
- The Flamethrower is extremely effective against The Destroyer as it will deal lots of damage very quickly and pierces multiple sections of the boss. When used in combination with Gravitation potions it makes defeating it very easy.
- The Flamethrower can be effectively used to see the ground below you. If you're in a cave and shoot straight out, the embers of the flames will drop a great distance allowing you to see possible ores and caves below you.
- The Flamethrower will not work underwater, and the flames stop if they hit water. This renders it useless against enemies that are underwater. It will not consume ammo if you try to fire it underwater.
- The Flamethrower is very useful for PVP, because it uses easy to obtain ammo and deals a lot of damage. Be aware that many players may 'return fire' in chat, as this weapon is pathetically easy to win fights with.
- An easier way to obtain ammo rather than hunting slimes, is to get a Gel generator.
- The Flamethrower is very effective against large groups of enemies, like Frost Legions, Goblin Armies, Pirate Invasions, Blood Moons and Solar Eclipses .
- Crafting the Flamethrower does not require Cursed Flames as of patch 1.2 .
- You are able to shoot the Flamethrower through walls and hit mobs 1 block away.
- You cannot use the Flamethrower under lava if using Obsidian Skin Potion.
- When reforged as "Unreal", "Rapid" or other Velocity boosting reforges, initial shots use 2 gel rather than 1.
- No longer need Cursed Flame to be crafted
- Added to the game.