|Variety|| Goblin Archer|
|Spawn Area||Surface, only near the far edges of the map|
|1-4 Tattered Cloth||100%|
|Goblin Scout Banner||0.5%|
The Goblin Scout is a fairly uncommon monster which spawns on the surface only in the outer two-thirds of the map, which is where Bunnies stop spawning and where a King Slime might normally spawn. They can also spawn on Floating Islands near the edge of the map, or near the Dungeon. When killed, Goblin Scouts will always drop 1-4 Tattered Cloth and varying amounts of coins.
The Goblin Scout is the only goblin monster which is not part of the Goblin Invasion, and it can be encountered regardless of whether or not a Goblin Invasion is present in the world. A Goblin Scout's spawning is not linked to whether or not there will be a Goblin Invasion. The Tattered Cloth dropped by Goblin Scouts can be used to craft a Goblin Battle Standard, which can summon the Goblin Invasion when used.
- Goblin Scouts appear more commonly in the Jungle, because all monsters have a higher spawn rate there.
- They will be more likely to spawn when using a Water Candle or Battle Potion.
- Some anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that they spawn most commonly between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m.
- They are the only goblins who don't drop Spiky Balls.
- Goblin Scouts, Goblin Archers, and the Goblin Tinkerer are blue, while the other goblins are green.
- Despite being blue, they drop green goblin gibs.
- Added to the game.