|Variety|| Goblin Archer|
|Spawn Area||Surface, only near the far edges of the map|
|1-4 Tattered Cloth||100%|
The Goblin Scout is the only goblin monster which is not part of the Goblin Invasion, and it can be encountered regardless of whether or not a Goblin Invasion is present in the world. A Goblin Scout's spawning is not linked to whether or not there will be a Goblin Invasion. The Tattered Cloth dropped by Goblin Scouts can be used to craft a Goblin Battle Standard, which can summon the Goblin Invasion when used.
- Goblin Scouts appear more commonly in the Jungle, because all monsters have a higher spawn rate there.
- They will be more likely to spawn when using a Water Candle or Battle Potion.
- Some anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that they spawn most commonly between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m.
- They are the only goblins who don't drop Spiky Balls.
- Goblin Scouts, Goblin Archers, and the Goblin Tinkerer are blue while the other goblins are green.
- Despite being blue, they drop green goblin gibs.
- Added to the game.