|Function||Allows the Reforging of items and the purchase of certain other items|
The Goblin Tinkerer is an NPC added in the 1.1 update. He reforges items, giving them different stats. He also is a vendor NPC, this means that he can buy and sell items. Exclusively sells the Tinkerer's Workshop.
In order to spawn the Goblin Tinkerer in a world, the Goblin Army must be defeated at least once in that world. He will then be found anywhere underground even in the Dungeon, bound much like the Mechanic or Wizard. The Goblin Tinkerer will need to be rescued by right-clicking on him. He may be found above or below sea level, though he is usually in the rocky layer. The player can make a pathway below sea level and run across it to spawn the Goblin (as well as the Wizard, untested with Mechanic), and then unbind him.
Once rescued, the Goblin Tinkerer will stay in the vicinity until a suitable Home is available for him. If he dies before he is rescued, he will respawn at a random location and will still need to be rescued. Reloading the game or dying after finding the Goblin Tinkerer without rescuing him will also cause him to respawn at a random location, and he will still need to be rescued. It is highly recommended to build a suitable house for the Goblin Tinkerer before setting out to find him. If a suitable house is available for him when you find him, he won't move in until he dies so that he can respawn near it.
Tosses Spiky Balls at nearby enemies.
|Goblin Tinkerer's Quotes|
|*(When released) "Thank you for freeing me human! I was tied up and left here by the other goblins. You could say we didn't get along well..."
|Goblin Tinkerer's Names|
|Note: Upon adding a new name, make sure you add it in alphabetical order (abc)
- Judging by his dialogue, he appears to be an outcast from the Goblin Army.
- When the Goblin Tinkerer remarks how the Goblin Army will fight over cloth, it gives a clue on how to summon them using the Tattered Cloth. This might also be a reference to a quest in Runescape where goblins are fighing over colored cloth.
- One of his quotes refers to the fact that in reality, gold is a far weaker metal than iron. It could also be a reference to the game Minecraft (which is often compared to Terraria), where gold items are also inferior to iron items.
- Another quote is a reference to an internet meme "Yo Dawg Xzibit"
- He seems to have a crush on the Mechanic and vice versa.
- If the Goblin Tinkerer dies after being freed, he will respawn like any other NPC near your house and won't have to be freed again.
- He is the only NPC that stays in a normal state on a Blood Moon. This is likely because he is a goblin. (Santa Claus also stays normal during Blood Moons, probably because it's unlikely that you'll get a Blood Moon during the short amount of time he's present in your world.)
- The name "Dalek", along with "The Doctor's Outfit", is a reference to British television show Doctor Who.
- He is slightly shorter than the player and the demolitionist, making him one of the smallest NPCs in the game
- As of version 1.2 - 188.8.131.52 (remaining unpatched as of now) the Goblin Tinkerer's Reforge function can be used to duplicate certain weapons by specific movements of the mouse, and placement of the item in the box.
- If you reforge using the language Spanish the object that you reforge may disappear.
- Can now be unbound while playing with autopause on.
- Added to the game.