In order to spawn the Goblin Tinkerer in a world, the Goblin Army must be defeated at least once. He can then be found anywhere underground, even in the Dungeon, bound much like the Mechanic or Wizard. The Goblin Tinkerer will need to be rescued by right-clicking on him (pressing B on console). He may be found above or below sea level, though he is usually in the rocky layer. The player can make a pathway below sea level and run across it to spawn the Goblin (this may also work well with the Wizard) and then unbind him.
Once rescued, the Goblin Tinkerer will stay in the vicinity until a suitable Home is available for him. If he dies before he is rescued, he will respawn at a random location and will still need to be rescued. Reloading the game or dying after finding the Goblin Tinkerer without rescuing him will also cause him to respawn at a random location, which may be a pain. It is highly recommended to build a suitable house for the Goblin Tinkerer before setting out to find him. If a suitable house is available for him when you find him, he won't move in until he dies so that he can respawn near it.
Tosses Spiky Balls at nearby enemies.
|Goblin Tinkerer's Quotes|
|*(When released) "Thank you for freeing me human! I was tied up and left here by the other goblins. You could say we didn't get along well..."
|Goblin Tinkerer's Names|
|Note: Upon adding a new name, make sure you add it in alphabetical order (abc)
- There is a chance that you can find him along with the Mechanic in the dungeon.
- Judging by his dialogue, he appears to be an outcast from the Goblin Army.
- When the Goblin Tinkerer remarks how the Goblin Army will fight over a cloth, it gives a clue on how to summon them using the Tattered Cloth. This might also be a reference to a quest in Runescape where goblins are fighting over a colored cloth.
- One of his quotes refers to the fact that in reality, gold is a far weaker metal than iron. It could also be a reference to the game Minecraft (which is often compared to Terraria), where gold items are also inferior to iron items.
- Another quote is a reference to an internet meme "Yo Dawg Xzibit". The quote goes: "Yo Dawg, I heard you like rockets and running boots, so I put some rockets in your running boots."
- He seems to have a crush on the Mechanic and vice versa.
- If the Goblin Tinkerer dies after being freed, he will respawn like any other NPC near your house and won't have to be freed again.
- The Goblin Tinkerer, Party Girl, and Santa Claus are the only NPCs that stay in a normal state on a Blood Moon.
- The name "Dalek", along with "The Doctor's Outfit", is a reference to the popular British television show Doctor Who.
- He is slightly shorter than the player and the demolitionist, making him one of the smallest NPCs in the game
- In the 3DS version, the Goblin Tinkerer does not sell the Ruler or the Toolbelt. This may be due to the small screen size.
- As of version 1.2 - 188.8.131.52 (remaining unpatched as of now) the Goblin Tinkerer's Reforge function can be used to duplicate certain weapons by specific movements of the mouse, and placement of the item in the box.
- If you reforge using the language Spanish the object that you reforge may disappear.
- Can now be unbound while playing with autopause on.
- Added to the game.