Gold Bars are the refined form of Gold Ore, and is the alternate to Platinum Ore.
- A Furnace is required to make Gold Bars. An Iron Anvil is required to make gold tools.
- It can be sold to a Merchant for 12 per bar, so selling gold as a raw material will get you more money than selling gold as a refined bar.
- In real life, a tool made of gold would be a waste, since it is a very soft metal. In fact, one may take a bite into gold and likely leave a depression. This is also mentioned in one of the Goblin Tinkerer's quotes.
- Despite being a solid bar of gold which is bigger than a Gold Coin, it is only worth 12 .
- Became placeable as decoration.
- Added to the game.
|Original Metals||Alternative Metals|
|Hard Mode Metals|
|Other Minerals & Materials|
|Items Requiring Gold|
|Tools||Gold Axe · Gold Hammer · Gold Pickaxe|
|Armor||Gold Helmet · Gold Chainmail · Gold Greaves|
|Weapons||Gold Bow · Gold Broadsword · Gold Shortsword · Ruby Staff|
|Vanity Items||Gold Crown|
|Furniture||Candelabra · Candle · Gold Chandelier · Throne|
|Other||Gold Bar · Gold Brick|