|Found In|| Dungeon|
|This item cannot be crafted.|
- Gold Chests in the dungeon will be locked, and require the character to have a Golden Key in order to open them. When the key is used, the Locked Gold Chest will instantly become a normal Gold Chest.
- Gold Chests can only be found in Worlds created after 1.0.5 update.
- Gold Chests are more common in Underground Houses.
- Gold Chests can reflect light if there is a light source nearby ( Torch, Shadow Orb, etc.)..
- Gold Chests can be renamed as of 1.2.3
- When a Gold Chest spawns with a block inside it while it has something in it, placing or removing a block around it will cause the Chest to give you 1-4 copies.
- This bug can appear occasionally even if chest hasn't block inside it.
- Gold, Copper, Silver Coins
- Gold Chests can be renamed.
- Gold Chests removed from floating islands (replaced with Skyware Chest)
- Gold Chests found in Dungeons and on Floating Islands are now locked (corresponds with the addition of Golden Keys)
- Added to the game.