|Rarity||Tier 0 (White)|
|Material In|| Gold Bar |
Gold Ore can be mined with any pickaxe and then sold for Coins or smelted into Gold Bars, which can also be sold, or crafted into furniture, tools, armor, or weapons for the player to use. Four Gold Ore is required to make one Gold Bar.
- Like many minerals, Gold Ore is more valuable to the Merchants than Gold Bars are.
- Gold Ore is also very commonly found on Floating Islands, and seems to also be near/inside Lava pits closer to The Underworld.
- Floating islands can be used to farm Gold Ore every time you create a new world,this is the easiest way to get Gold Ore if you have the means to reach Floating Islands easily.
- Gold Ore can also be used directly in crafting Gold Bricks; one Gold Ore and one Stone block are needed to craft a Gold Brick.
- Gold Ore can also be used directly in the Spelunker Potion, which in turn can be digested to make ores (including gold) visible, even without a lightsource.
- Gold Ores look green near the Glowing Mushroom biome
|Items Requiring Gold|
|Tools||Gold Pickaxe · Gold Axe · Gold Hammer|
|Armor||Gold Helmet · Gold Chainmail · Gold Greaves|
|Weapons||Gold Shortsword · Gold Broadsword · Gold Bow|
|Vanity Items||Gold Crown|
|Furniture||Gold Chandelier · Candle · Throne · Candelabra · Grandfather Clock|
|Other||Gold Bar · Depth Meter · Gold Watch|