- This page is about the monster. For the item, see Goldfish.
The Goldfish is a harmless aquatic creature that spawns in water. Like the Rabbit, the Goldfish only has five HP and does not cause damage. However, the Goldfish can be killed by anything which causes damage, including the player's weapons and hostile mobs. The latter usually leads to finding dead Goldfish in cave lakes, as well as pools above ground. After a Goldfish has been killed, it will drop the item Goldfish (Which can be used to craft various things like the Bowl of Soup)
- During a Blood Moon, any Goldfish that are alive will become Corrupt Goldfish. Corrupt Goldfish have more health than normal Goldfish, it gains attack and it will become "aggressive". Like the Corrupt Bunny, once the Goldfish has become corrupt, enemies cannot kill it.
- A Goldfish will turn into a Corrupt Goldfish if you throw Vile Powder on it or if it spawns in the Corruption. The Corrupt Goldfish does not drop the item Goldfish when killed.
- If a Goldfish is without water, it will splash around on the ground, but not die.
- In man-made lakes or ponds goldfish may spawn outside on land and jump around until they make it into the water.
- Goldfish which are spawned from statues will drop goldfish. Corrupt goldfish on blood moons will drop money, excellent for rapid money-making.
- Can now be attacked and killed.
- Added to the game.