|HP|| Head: 15000 |
|Spawn Time|| (Hard Mode)|
|Spawn Area||Lihzahrd Temple|
|Summoned By||Lihzahrd Power Cell|
|One of the following will be dropped:||100%|
The Golem is one of the four bosses added in 1.2. It is summoned by inserting a Lihzahrd Power Cell (which is dropped from Lihzahrds and found in Lihzahrd Chests) into a Lihzahrd Altar, though only after Plantera has been defeated in the world.
The Lihzahrd Altar used to summon the Golem is located in the Jungle Temple, which can be unlocked using the Temple Key which drops from Plantera. However, if the player has a Picksaw from a previous fight with the Golem, they can move the altar to another location to fight the boss wherever they like.
Regardless of which phase the battle is in, the Golem will always shoot ricocheting fireballs which are unaffected by gravity and jump around the area in an attempt to crush the player.
- The Golem's head (16000 ) and fists (7000 each) will take damage during this phase.
- The fist closest to the player will launch at their current location at a speed which scales up as the fist loses HP. The fists will instantly retract when they take any kind of damage, but will go through any walls that a player is hiding behind.
- Once the head is at half health, it will start shooting lasers at the player. It will fire directly at the player at regular intervals. The time between lasers will shorten as the head takes more damage.
- When the head's health is completely depleted, it will become invulnerable and detach from the main body. Any remaining fists will still function, and the body (9000 ) will become vulnerable to damage.
- If the fists are still alive, they will launch at the player as in stage 1, but both will be able to target the player at once regardless of which side of the boss the player is standing on.
- The detached head will float above the Golem firing yellow lasers at the player.
- One of the easiest ways to beat the boss is to make a box that he can get trapped in and collect all the traps in the dungeon; set them up in the room somewhere where you can run back and forth and activate it with a button, avoiding the lasers whilst doing major damage with the various traps to swiftly dispatch the boss.
- Another easy way to kill the Golem is hang with a hook on one corner and shoot with Magnet Sphere and wear full Spectre Armor to resist damage caused by fireballs
- Build a box around you and use something such as a Death Sickle or a Chlorophyte Partisan to damage him, although you will still take damage from his lasers.
- Another good way to kill the Golem is to fill the roof of the chamber with Spiky ball traps. Connect the Spiky ball traps with wire, and connect the wire to a 3 second timer. Once you have summoned the boss, turn on your 3 second timer and watch the Golem get destroyed. To make the fight faster, just use any ranged weapon of your choice.
- The fireballs he shoots will bounce repeatedly in straight lines, originally being aimed directly at your character. You can use the fireballs as a dodge practice, so you can get better at dodging his fireballs and other projectiles as you practice.
- The lasers that the Golem shoots have a very high unit speed making them incredibly hard to dodge unless you are moving directly perpendicular to their original direction. The use of Asphalt would be a good idea so you will be dodging them really fast or the use of Master Ninja Gear will allow you to dash and it will have a small chance for the lasers not to damage you.
- He will temporarily stop shooting lasers when transitioning to the second stage of the battle, until his health gets low again. A player can trap him and get a breather from the battle to regenerate and recover potion cooldown.
- The Golem is one of the few bosses that is slowed down underwater. This makes them much easier to fight when being merfolk and filling the chamber with water, because not only does the water slow the Golem down, it also speeds the player up when becoming a merfolk.
- Sometimes, if Golem gets stuck in a wall, it will have a crooked head and its eyes will be in the wrong position.
- Occasionally, a temple will spawn without an Altar to summon the Golem. The only way to correct this problem is making another world.
- If the Altar spawns on top of a destroyable block (such as a trap), destroying it will allow to pick it up and bring it somewhere else.
- Sometimes when Golem is summoned, the head can get stuck inside the lihzahrd bricks and you will not be able to defeat him; unless you have a Picksaw with you.
- If rows of platforms are built up in the summoning room, the Golem will always attempt to spawn above the highest row, which can make it only ever spawn stuck inside the roof if the platforms are too high.
- Can no longer be spawned until Plantera is defeated.
- Received several statistical buffs.
- Fists may now move through platforms and blocks.
- Expanded loot table to include coins, Beetle Husks, and the Golem Mask.
- Added to the game.