|HP|| Head: 15000 |
|Spawn Time||(Hard Mode)|
|Spawn Area||Lihzahrd Temple|
|Summoned By||Lihzahrd Power Cell|
| Exactly one of the following items will drop (all items have an equal chance (12.5%) of dropping):|
Stynger(& 60-99 Stynger Bolt)
Eye of the Golem
Staff of Earth
The Golem is one of the four bosses added in 1.2. It can be found in the Jungle Temple and is summoned by inserting a Lihzahrd Power Cell (which is dropped from Lihzahrds and found in Lihzard chests) into a Lihzahrd Altar. The Golem is one of the few bosses that is slowed down underwater, like non-swimming and non-burrowing monsters. This makes them much easier to fight when being merfolk and having an underwater dungeon, because not only does the water slow the Golem down, it also speeds the player up when becoming a merfolk.
The Golem is located in the Jungle Temple, which can be unlocked using a Jungle Temple Key, dropped from Plantera. Alternatively, if the player has a Picksaw from a previous battle they can mine their way in. The golem can still be defeated before Plantera if the player uses a Rod of Discord to teleport into the temple. You can move the altar and summon him where you want by placing and using the altar somewhere else if you own a Picksaw. Unfortunately since v1.2.3 you have to defeat Plantera first before you can summon the Golem.
- You will be able to hit him in three places -- his head and his two fists.
- He will try to punch you using his fist (which can be extended in all directions). The fists can be blocked or batted back by hitting them, and will retract if they hit a solid surface.
- He will shoot bouncing fireballs from his head.
- He will jump around in an attempt to crush the player.
- Once his hands are destroyed, he will shoot yellow lasers that go through walls. This only applies to this stage.
- When his head's health is diminished, his head detaches and his main body (8000 ) becomes vulnerable.
- His head will start shooting yellow lasers at you as soon as his health reaches approximately 50%, with more damage and greater speeds the lower he gets.
- If the fists are still alive, they will start punching and flailing around relentlessly and can penetrate all craftable platforms. This only applies to platforms and not solid blocks.
- A simple way to defeat the boss is to build a wooden platform bridge across the chamber. When the Golem spawns, it will fall onto the platform, but will not jump down. The player can then use a ranged weapon to take down the boss with relative ease. (No longer applies as of 1.2.3)
- One of the easiest ways to beat the boss is to make a box that he can get trapped in and collect all the traps in the dungeon; set them up in the room somewhere where you can run back and forth and activate it with a button, avoiding the lasers whilst doing major damage with the various traps to swiftly dispatch the boss.
- You can also equip any of the Wings, Balloons, or any double-jumping equipment to have an on-the-move fight.
- Another easy way to kill the Golem is hang with a hook on one corner and shoot with Magnet Sphere and wear full Spectre Armor to resist damage caused by fireballs
- Build a box around you and use something such as a Death Sickle or a Chlorophyte Partisan to damage him, although you will still take damage from his lasers.
When fighting the boss with no area augmentations, important things to note are:
- The fists can be interrupted mid-attack by dealing any level of damage to them.
- The fireballs he shoots will bounce repeatedly in straight lines, originally being aimed directly at your character.
- The lasers that he shoots have a very high unit speed making them incredibly hard to dodge unless you are moving directly perpendicular of their original direction. The use of Asphalt would be a good idea so you will be dodging them really fast or the use of Master Ninja Gear will allow you to dash and it will have a small chance for the lasers not to damage you.
- He will temporarily stop shooting lasers when transitioning to the second stage of the battle, until his health gets low again. A player can trap him and get a breather from the battle to regenerate and recover potion cooldown.
- Sometimes, if Golem gets stuck in a wall, it will have a crooked head and its eyes will be in the wrong position.
- Occasionally, a temple will spawn without an Altar to summon the Golem. The only way to correct this problem is making another world.
- If the Altar spawns on top of a destroyable block (such as a trap), destroying it will allow to pick it up and bring it somewhere else.
- Sometimes when Golem is summoned, the head can get stuck inside the lihzahrd bricks and you will not be able to defeat him; unless you have a Picksaw with you.
- Can no longer be spawned until Plantera is defeated.
- Received several statistical buffs.
- Fists may now move through platforms and blocks.
- Expanded loot table to include coins, Beetle Husks, and the Golem Mask.
- Added to the game.