- The Green Slime remains non-hostile until attacked during the day. At night, however, existing Green Slimes become hostile.
- Green Slimes appear to become less common after the first few days. However, about a few hours into the game, surface slimes become rare; this is likely due to either A: monsters spawning underground and lowering the available spawn cap, or B: You are too close to your main house, which is an area where enemies won't spawn.
- In the Console Version, a Green Slime is the first enemy encountered by the player during the tutorial.
- Patched bug where the slime would sink into the ground.
- Removed splash sound, given ability to float in water.
- Damage reduced from 8 to 6.
- Defense reduced from 2 to 0.
- Health reduced from 15 to 14.