|Use Time||30 (Average)|
|Critical Strike Chance||9%|
The Grenade Launcher is an area of effect weapon that uses Rockets (I, II, III and IV), sold by the Cyborg, as ammo. It is one of Plantera's special drops. Similar to the regular Grenade, they will blow up instantly upon contact with an enemy, dealing damage to the player as well if he or she is too close. If no contact is made they will bounce according to physics and explode after a while.
The projectile fired from this gun has very limited range. To achieve maximum range using this weapon, it must be aimed at a 45 degree angle.
- Despite being called the "Grenade" Launcher, it does not fire actual Grenades but instead fires rockets which are purchased from the Cyborg after Plantera is defeated.
- This will always be the weapon to drop the first time Plantera is defeated in a world. To obtain its other special drops, Plantera must be re-summoned and defeated again. From then, Plantera will have an equal chance to drop the Grenade Launcher with the other drops.
- The best prefix possible for this weapon is Unreal.
- The Rocket Launcher is relatively similar in its concept, being that both fire explosive projectiles that can also harm the player, although the Rocket Launcher fires straight instead of in an arc. However, it suffers from slightly inferior damage to the Grenade Launcher in exchange for much improved range.
- On mobile, since the 1.2.4 update, the grenade launcher and Proximity Mine Launcher fire like the Rocket launcher
- Added to the game.