The Hallowed Armor set is one of the strongest sets of armor in the game in terms of defensive power, inferior only to the Shroomite Armor, Chlorophyte Armor, Turtle Armor, Beetle Armor, Solar Flare Armor, and Dragon Armor.(console)
It will be required to kill any of the Mechanical Hardmode bosses three times to get the 54 Hallowed Bars to craft the entire set.
Parts of the Set
- 15 defense
- 7% increased critical strike chance
- 11 defense
- 8% increased movement speed
- 7% increased damage
- 5 defense
- Increases maximum mana by 100
- 12% increased magic damage and critical strike chance
- 9 defense
- 15% increased ranged damage
- 8% increased ranged critical strike chance
- 24 defense
- 10% increased melee damage and critical strike chance
- 10% increased melee speed
- The Hallowed Helmet, combined with the Megashark, gives a 62.5% chance to not consume ammo with every shot.
- Although in other sets the helmet is melee and the mask is ranged, this is reversed in the Hallowed set.
- In the Console Version, there exist 3 new Armors (for Warriors, for Rangers, and for Mages), each of which is better than its Hallowed counterpart.
- This armor set can be used in vanity to get the glow effect of the Mythril Armor, which can be useful for cave exploring (tested in console version)
- The term 'Hallowed' is used to describe something blessed by a deity, and as such these items may be described as having 'godlike' power.
- This armor combines the visual effects given by the armor sets used prior to 1.2 to craft it: an after-image (Cobalt Armor), shine (Mythril Armor), and pulsing aura (Adamantite Armor).
- Crafting recipe changed — no longer requires Souls or the three lower-tier sets, instead being crafted from the Hallowed Bars dropped from the mechanical bosses (Destroyer, The Twins, Skeletron Prime).
- Added to the game.